[Pythonmac-SIG] Should Python.app be an LSUIElement = 1 app?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Tue Feb 3 01:08:37 CET 2009

Bill Janssen wrote:
> Setting LSBackgroundOnly doesn't prevent that, it just sets the default.

  I don't understand -- what default? just the behavior when the app
starts, but then it can still open windows, etc?

>> when people are
>> testing an debugging GUI apps (TK, or wx, or....) they should be able
>> to start a simple script at the command line without any restrictions.
>
> Sure, "open myapp.app".

I meant without an app bundle -- just a raw python script.

 > But if you follow the conversation a bit
> further, I think we've found a place to enable that for _tkinter.

Does it require a change to _tkinter? If so, then all the GUI toolkits
(OK, all three...) would have to be changed for this to work, which
doesn't sound good.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov