[Pythonmac-SIG] Bundlebuilder--why remove it?

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Dec 12 00:41:21 CET 2009

On 12/11/09 1:01 PM, Christopher Barker wrote:

> My suggestion to Charles, and Kevin, (and me!) is to try to find some
> time to dig into py2app -- I think once you grok the code structure, you
> can probably find the source of the errors, and then, if you can't
> figure out a solution, Ronald or Ned (or??) might be able to help out,
> without them having to do all the work -- i.e. use the experts only for
> the part where their expertise is critical.

I wasn't the first one to report the 64-bit bug for py2app on the
list--a similar bug was reported over a year ago, with no resolution.
I've also tried to fix the problem myself, but have made no progress. At
this point I've lost interest in improving py2app and am content to
stick with the dumber, blunter, but simpler instrument of bundlebuilder.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin