[Pythonmac-SIG] Using Finder to open app by id

Charles Miller cmiller at securityevaluators.com
Sat Aug 22 05:53:15 CEST 2009

How can you run the following Applescript in py-appscript?  I've tried
everything I can think of.

tell application "Finder" to open application file id
"com.apple.Preview"

Obviously, I just want to launch Preview from within py-appscript.  I
really want to do this in py-appscript as opposed to just popen/system
or something because I'd like to eventually do it remotely (without
ssh) so I can run Preview remotely and operate on the GUI remotely
using applescript.

Thanks,

Charlie