[Pythonmac-SIG] check if wxpython has been installed properly

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Sat Aug 22 02:22:34 CEST 2009

Edward Moy wrote:
> I seem to think that on Tiger, one needed to use pythonw to get GUI
> access (the regular python is just the plain command line tool, and the
> window server doesn't allow plain commands to access the GUI).  This was
> changed in Leopard so that either python or pythonw worked.

> On Aug 20, 2009, at 10:47 AM, beegee beegee wrote:
>
>> hi guys i opened my terminal window on a mac os x tiger 10.4.11
>> and tried to do the following

does pyplot specify what versions of python and wxPython it needs?

Anyway, try typing "

python

then at the python prompt, type:

import wx

then

wx.__version__

and tell us what you get

And yes, you might try it with pythonw and see what you get.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov