[Pythonmac-SIG] no module named appscript error

has hengist.podd at virgin.net
Mon Aug 17 14:36:44 CEST 2009

Pete wrote:

> Hi When I create an app using py2app, I get this error:
> "no module named appscript"
>
> When I run the python script that the app is based on, appscript is
> working fine.
> Anyone know what would be causing this?

If you've installed one or more copies of Python yourself, make sure
you're building your application with the same version of Python that
you're testing on. Also, make sure any third-party .eggs used by your
app are installed in unzipped form (easy_install -Z module_name);
py2app currently doesn't work with zipped .eggs.

HTH

has
--
Control AppleScriptable applications from Python, Ruby and ObjC:
http://appscript.sourceforge.net