[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app & multiprocessing

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Wed Aug 12 21:59:23 CEST 2009

On Wed, Aug 12, 2009, Gabriel Rossetti wrote:

> Hello everyone, I am trying to use py2app with multiprocessing but it
> doesn't work correctly, I get this :
>
> ImportError:
> '/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib-dynload/multiprocessing/_multiprocessing.so'
> not found
>
> I don't understand why it is looking for that there since
> multiprocessing is not installed there. I told it to include the
> multiprocessing package and it doesn't complain when I run python
> setup.py py2app.

My experience with py2app so far is strictly with non-system Python,
maybe that would work better for you?  Especially given that 2.6.2
includes multiprocessing.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz