[Pythonmac-SIG] run python script on another computer's terminal (LAN)

Alexandre Quessy alexandre at quessy.net
Wed Aug 12 15:06:42 CEST 2009

Hi!
Do you want to see the output in the remote computer's display? If so,
screen might help you. You could also use the "open" command to open
the Terminal supplying it a command. The "xterm" terminal in X11 is
nice for that. (or better: rxvt)
If you just want to get the resulting output, use either subprocess,
commands or pxssh !
Anyways, ssh is the way to go.
You can look at my "lunch" script for inspiration.
https://svn.sat.qc.ca/trac/postures/wiki/Lunch

2009/8/11 Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>:
> On Tue, Aug 11, 2009 at 03:35:21PM -0400, Chris Rebert wrote:
>> What is "eppc://"? I can't seem to find anything on it.
>
> It's remote Apple Events (previously known as "Program Sharing").  You
> can turn it on in Sharing System Preferences.
>
> Unfortunately in OS X, remote Apple Events are very flaky.  I'd
> suggest the original questioner just use SSH, either with the built-in
> OpenSSH through subprocess or with paramiko
> (http://www.lag.net/paramiko/).  I've replaced all my use of remote
> Apple Events with it.
>
> --
> Nicholas Riley <njriley at illinois.edu>