[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app & multiple executable files with a main launcher

Gabriel Rossetti gabriel.rossetti at arimaz.com
Wed Aug 12 11:41:12 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to bundle an application I wrote usinf py2app. The
application has a launcher "launcher.py" and a Python script "main.py"
that calls the launcher several times in sub-processes with diff args. I
successfully did this with py2exe for windows. I had py2exe generate
"launcher.exe" and "main.exe" and when I run "main.exe" it does what
it's supposed to correctly. I can't get this to work with py2app though.
it won't allow me to generate several executable files. Does anyone know
how to do this or have a better idea? I have to run multiple sub
programmes in parallel but I'd like to only have one entry-point (the
user just needs to click on one file) to run it.

Thanks,
Gabriel