[Pythonmac-SIG] Success: PyObjC, PyCurl, and Tiger

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Fri Aug 7 00:25:22 CEST 2009

Posting this so that other people can Google it:

I have an app that needs to run on both 10.5 (Leopard) and 10.4 (Tiger).
We've been building it with PyObjC 1.4 and PyCurl 7.19.x, and I've been
trying to upgrade it to PyObjC 2.2 to simplify our builds because we have
a second app that needs FSEvents (and therefore PyObjC 2.2).

After a lot of poking around, I finally figured out that Tiger needs
PyCurl 7.13.1 per
/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.4u.sdk/usr/include/curl/curlver.h

That gets my app mostly working on Tiger, but I needed to downgrade to
PyObjC 1.4 because 2.2 isn't clean on Tiger yet.

"...string iteration isn't about treating strings as sequences of strings,
it's about treating strings as sequences of characters.  The fact that
characters are also strings is the reason we have problems, but characters
are strings for other good reasons."  --Aahz