[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2app/modulegraph crashes on pkg_resources

David Eyk eykd at eykd.net
Fri Oct 17 23:28:44 CEST 2008

On Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 3:03 PM, Christopher Barker
<Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:
> well, I really hate lists configured this way, but it's been debated
> ad-infinitum, and we'll just have to agree to disagree.

I've just never run into one before. I just about made the same
mistake replying to this. :)

> sorry, but I'm out of ideas now -- do do some googling for the:
>  malformed object (unknown load command 8)

That's the first thing I did. :( Nothing I can make sense of--that is,
nothing py2app related.

> Also, have you got py2app to work with a really simple, tiny app? That
> should at least tell you what a working app bundle should look like.

That's a good idea. As I may have mentioned, I've used py2app
successfully before, with a wxPython app. But that probably doesn't
qualify as simple or tiny. :) I'll take a stab at a simple app over
the weekend. Thanks.

David