[Pythonmac-SIG] which directory for site-packages

Hunt Culver hculver at cfl.rr.com
Sun Nov 16 15:48:13 CET 2008

Thanks, David,

I read both your notes, but I am still stumped.

I have edited the path, but when I reboot, the deleted path comes
back, or, in other words, is reinserted by some other startup
process.  I read something about startup processes modifying the path,
but I haven't determine which one is the cause and how to change it.
So I am still searching.

Secondly, when I installed MacPython, I followed the instructions at http://wiki.python.org/moin/MacPython/Leopard
. Does not step 4 create a symbolic link between /Library/Frameworks
back to /System/.... ?  I followed those steps, and my
Python.framework subdirectory in my /Library/ directory is an alias to
the /System/ directory.    So, I figured they are one in the same as
per the instructions.

So I am still stuck
.