[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app: Packing my modules in site-packages.py

Nirnimesh nirnimesh at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 17:52:45 CET 2008

Hi,

I'm using py2app to package my scripts into a standalone app. I have a
couple of modules residing on my system which are imported by my main script
(Example: module 'mymod' resides at /Users/nirnimesh/mymod). My main script
(/Users/nirnimesh/my_app/main.py) alters sys.path to make the dependency
modules importable (ie. sys.path.append('..'))

However, I'm unable to figure out the correct way to configure the setup
script so that my dependency modules get packed into the final package's
site-packages.zip.
I'm assuming I have to fill up some option, but I'm unable to figure out
which.

Alternatively, if I alter sys.path in my setup.py script itself, can I
expect my dependency modules to get packaged in site-packages.zip?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
--
Gravitation is not responsible for people falling in love.
       -- Albert Einstein.