[Pythonmac-SIG] Trouble installing Tkinter with 2.3.5/10.2

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Wed May 21 16:17:06 CEST 2008

Anthony Kozar wrote:

> Thanks for the reply.  However, my immediate need is to get Tkinter working
> on 10.2.  Does anyone have the 2.3 Tkinter package for 10.2 or how can I
> compile it myself?  Thanks.

A bit more research shows this page:

http://pythonmac.org/packages/legacy.html

There's a link there for _tkinter.so. It says it's built for Panther
(10.3). It may not work on your system, but that appears to be the only
binary package still in existence.

Building Python from source isn't that hard. Do you have the developer
tools for Jaguar installed? If so, download the source code, follow the
instructions, and you should be fine. If the binary I've pointed you to
doesn't work, then building all of Python from source (including
Tkinter) is your only option.

Kevin

--
Kevin Walzer