[Pythonmac-SIG] NewBie question: Building GUI for Mac

Ed Leafe ed at leafe.com
Fri Jun 6 15:22:43 CEST 2008

On Jun 6, 2008, at 2:42 AM, Abhiram Dwivedi wrote:

> I want to know if its possible to build a standalone GUI app for Mac
> using python. I need to build some application and still going
> through pythong tutorials. It seems Cocoa is the only option, but I
> want to be sure before moving away from python.
>
> I need to integrate it with RSS and growl notifications as well.

	I'm one of the authors of Dabo, a Python framework for building GUI
apps that run on Mac, Windows and Linux. Currently we're working on a
client for Twitter; you can see what it looks like at http://dabodev.com/wiki/TwitterClient
. The screenshots on that page are the app running under OS X, since
that's what I use as my main development platform.

-- Ed Leafe
-- http://dabodev.com