[Pythonmac-SIG] Fwd: py2app with ZODB

Kenneth Miller xkenneth at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 02:58:44 CET 2008

All,

      So i've managed to get my app working but I had to jerry-rig it.

I'm compiling it using this bash script:

____
rm -r build
rm -r dist

py2applet --make-setup Decoder.py
python setup.py py2app --include DUtils,LabVIEWWrapper --packages
PyDrill,mx,Ft,ZODB,persistent,transaction,zope --resources
config.xml,chirps.xml,frames.xml,subframes.xml,logs > compile.log

cp -r /usr/local/Zope-3.3.1-Python2.5/lib/python/zope/interface /
Teledrill/Applications/Python/Decoder/dist/Decoder.app/Contents/
Resources/lib/python2.5/zope/
_____________

The problem lies in the fact that when i tell py2applet to use zope as
a package, the only module from zope that it copies is "tests", so i
have to copy the "interface" module by hand.

Any ideas?

Regards,
Kenneth Miller

On Jan 11, 2008, at 4:24 PM, michael ferraro wrote:

> I am sorry, yes this did come in

> the svn server returned errors when
> I tried to co the trunk
>

> Begin forwarded message:
>
>> From: Tobias Rodäbel <tobias.rodaebel at mac.com>
>> Date: January 10, 2008 6:45:04 PM EST
>> To: Kenneth Miller <xkenneth at gmail.com>
>> Cc: pythonmac-sig at python.org
>> Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] py2app with ZODB
>>
>> Hi Kenneth,
>>
>> I wrote an objc wrapper framework for the ZODB. The python part uses
>> py2app. Maybe you find some hints there http://
>> zodbdata.sourceforge.net and especially there http://zodbdata.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/zodbdata/trunk/python/
>>
>> Didn't get into serious trouble with ZODB and py2app as far as I
>> remember.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Tobias
>>
>> On Jan 9, 2008, at 9:26 PM, Kenneth Miller wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>>    I'm trying to build a Mac .app using py2app with python code that
>>> uses ZODB, can anyone give me some help, or maybe an example?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Ken