[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app 0.4.2 recipe errors

Edward Hartley ed_hartley at mac.com
Tue Jan 15 13:02:25 CET 2008

From: michael ferraro <michael at possibleworlds.com>
Date: 13 January 2008 17:27:12 GMT
To: Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com>
Cc: pythonmac-sig at python.org, michael ferraro
<michael at possibleworlds.com>, Edward Hartley <ed_hartley at mac.com>
Subject: Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] py2app 0.4.2 recipe errors

> thanks for your efforts

> On Jan 13, 2008, at 9:28 AM, Ronald Oussoren wrote:
>
> On 12 Jan, 2008, at 19:35, Edward Hartley wrote:
> Hi Ronald,
> further to my previous on py2app modulegraph
>
> With these changes  py2app is not  to working at all.
>
> Arghh.... I guess my merge of the version of py2app and friends
> from Leopard wasn't complete. I'm currently working on some
> cleanups in the pyobjc repository and a port of pyobjc to 64-bit
> PPC and will look into this issue when that's  finished. With some
> luck that will be later today.
>
> BTW.  Thank's for mentioning that the PyAvenger sample is broken as
> well, that will make it a lot easier to debug the problem.

Yes thanks for your efforts and a further calibration point in all of
this:

I downloaded the latest wxPython 2.8.7.1 for OS X 10.4 an update on
my previous 2.8.0.1 version installed IIRC
sometime after I upgraded to 2.5.
The demo package for version 2.8.7.1 has a bundled demo.app  which
has a working demo of the wxPython glcanvas.
So I conclude that building apps with OpenGL and wxPython presumably
with py2app?
If that's the case could anyone comment on which versions of py2app,
setuptools etc.?

Best Regards
Ed