[Pythonmac-SIG] Path Issues when using Swig (and OSX Leopard)

newbie73 luis.cota at avmltd.com
Tue Jan 15 01:15:31 CET 2008

I installed v 2.5 of MacPython from python.org.  I am able to build lots of
other packages using this setup, where packages are installed here:
/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages

I cannot, however, find the include directories for the macpython
installation.  Can anybody help me locate where they would be?  I am trying
to follow the example in the swig.org tutorial which would have me do the
following:

swig -python example.i
set env PYDIR /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current

gcc -I /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/Headers
-framework Python -bundle -bundle_loader
/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin/python
example_wrap.c example.c -o _example.so

these compile instructions reference the Apple installation of Python, which
I want to avoid.  What are the corresponding directories for v 2.5
MacPython?

Thanks!