[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app with ZODB

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 10 20:23:31 CET 2008

Kenneth Miller wrote:
>      I'm trying to build a Mac .app using py2app with python code that
> uses ZODB, can anyone give me some help, or maybe an example?

Have you tried it yet? What problems are you having? In theory, it
should "just work", but in reality, more complex packages sometimes
require some tweaking.

I haven't done ZODB, but I have tried to do Durus, which is another
Python object database. Durus uses pickle (which I'm not sure that ZODB
does), and I had issues with the app not being able to find the right
modules to unpickle with. I never did get the time to dig into it and
solve it though, so I'd love to hear what you come up with.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov