[Pythonmac-SIG] module metrics and Framework comparisons

Kent Johnson kent37 at tds.net
Tue Feb 5 14:27:56 CET 2008

DavidW wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Does anyone know of a set of (formalized software
> engineering) metrics against which (python) modules can be evaluated?

http://pycheesecake.org/ attempts to evaluate the 'kwalitee' (their
word) of software packages by applying automatic metrics.

> Also, I've been background reading around Application Frameworks and
> wondered if anyone's got a good/favourite reference which compares
> Python with others.

Python itself is a programming language, not an application framework.
Are you looking to compare Python frameworks with each other, or with
other languages, or ??

The only Python desktop (not web) application framework under active
development that I know of is Dabo:
http://dabodev.com/

Kent