[Pythonmac-SIG] installing MySQLdb problem

Grzegorz Laszczyk grzessnik at interia.pl
Sat Feb 2 12:02:06 CET 2008

Hi.
I have to work with MySQL database. I'm trying to install MySQLdb module
on my MacBook Pro (with Tiger).

I've downloaded source .gz from site, unpack it.
When trying to install it, an error occured.

grzesieks-computer:~/desktop grzesiek$ cd  MySQL-python-1.2.2
grzesieks-computer:~/desktop/MySQL-python-1.2.2 grzesiek$ python
setup.py build
sh: line 1: mysql_config: command not found
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "setup.py", line 16, in <module>
    metadata, options = get_config()
  File "/Users/grzesiek/Desktop/MySQL-python-1.2.2/setup_posix.py", line
43, in get_config
    libs = mysql_config("libs_r")
  File "/Users/grzesiek/Desktop/MySQL-python-1.2.2/setup_posix.py", line
24, in mysql_config
    raise EnvironmentError, "%s not found" % mysql_config.path
EnvironmentError: mysql_config not found
grzesieks-computer:~/desktop/MySQL-python-1.2.2 grzesiek$

Can you help me. Maybe it is other way to work witk MySQL.

Thanks
Grzesiek