[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app import framework

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 28 17:47:07 CEST 2008

beau wrote:
>> Is that the exact script you got from py2applet? All that objc.loadbundle
>> etc should not be required.
>

> No this is the modification of script based on the webpage that I
> found just switching Tcl.framework for Renaissance.framework

That is probably not required -- Tcl/Tk comes standard with python -- it
should not need any special handling.

> it works on my machine where I built TK and Python2.5 but not on other
> machines that don't have those libraries.  So I'm trying to build a
> bundle that is totally self contained.

again:

>> what python are you using?

This can make all the difference. not just the version number, but what
build, how/where was it installed?

I think the build from python,org is your best bet if you want to
distribute with py2app.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov