[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app import framework

beau djcypod at gmail.com
Wed Aug 27 21:11:44 CEST 2008

I am trying to do a framework build to import tk and python2.5 for my
application bundle with py2app

This is the page I've been looking at:
http://livingcode.org/tag/distribution

"""
This is a setup.py script generated by py2applet

Usage:
    python setup.py py2app
"""

import objc, AppKit, Foundation, os

from setuptools import setup

objc.loadBundle('Tcl.framework', globals(),
bundle_path='/Library/Frameworks/Tcl.framework')

APP = ['appName.py']
DATA_FILES = []
OPTIONS = {'argv_emulation': True}

setup(
    app=APP,
    data_files=DATA_FILES,
    options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
    setup_requires=['Tcl.framework'],
)

do I have to add anything to the appName.py to inorder to build these
and execute them on other machines that maynot have tk or have an
earlier version of python installed? also are there any command line
arguments when running the /usr/bin/pyhton setup.py py2app
--framework=Tcl.framework --framework=Python.framework?