[Pythonmac-SIG] "Best" Mac Python under Leopard?

Andrew Jaffe a.h.jaffe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 21 22:08:52 CEST 2008

Hi All,

Thanks for the advice!

However, I'm pretty sure I don't need the overhead of a fink or MacPorts
install -- I've been very happy with Framwork installs so  far (and I'm
pretty sure that's necessary for PyObjC).

I think the detailed questions are: is there a  way to use  PyObjC with
a self-installed Framework install (or at least, will it be possible
once 2.6 comes out)? Alternately, is there any problem installing new
versions of (say) numpy with the built-in python (e.g., by using
easy_install)?

Yours,

Andrew