[Pythonmac-SIG] Yet another problem with path

Chris Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Aug 7 18:48:51 CEST 2008

Timothy Grant wrote:

> While command lines can be made to lie, it concerns me that it looks
> like you're using and Administrator account to do all this work.
> Administrators have far to much power and can do far too much damage
> far too quickly.

very true. However, OS-X be default does not allow anyone to log in as
root. An "Administrator" is someone that is allowed to use sudo to do
administrative tasks, so he's probably safe.

Do be careful with sudo though!

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov