[Pythonmac-SIG] New Installation of 2.5

George Wright georgewr at bigpond.net.au
Mon Aug 4 00:43:28 CEST 2008

On 03/08/2008, at 9:18 AM, Nehemiah Dacres wrote:

> r u talking about sandboxing? thats a little difficult, apple
> didn't provide much documentation on that. there's 3rd party
> documentation here
> http://www.318.com/techjournal/?p=107

Well no. Just a simple installation of python.org 2.5.2 behind a
virtualenv
See for example these threads:
[Pythonmac-SIG] newbie Mac switcher trying to set up django on Intel
MacBook Pro Tiger
[Pythonmac-SIG] non-framework Python 2.5.2 has empty lib-dynload
Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] problems with sys.path
Re: [Pythonmac-SIG] Leopard easy_install chokes on appscript egg
and maybe others

> or are u refering to this http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-
> dev/2006-July/067046.html
> that i referenced from here (do a string search for sandboxing)
> http://old.itconnection.ru/pipermail/zopyrus/2006-August/083936.html
>

> On Sat, Aug 2, 2008 at 7:28 AM, George Wright
> <georgewr at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Gidday
> I have just purchased a new MacBook with OS X 10.5.2 installed.
Actually the preinstalled is 2.5.1 - just a typo sorry.
> I want to set up a virtualenv with the latest python.org version of
> 2.5
> There has been heaps of discussion on this list about this kind of
> thing and I doubt If I have
> read and understood it all.
> Does anyone have a reference to a simple step by step "how to" for
> this installation?

George Wright
georgewr at bigpond.net.au
http://mywebsite.bigpond.net.au/georgewr/