[Pythonmac-SIG] Double-clickable wxpython application?

Kevin Horton khorton01 at rogers.com
Fri Apr 11 01:34:59 CEST 2008

On 10 Apr 2008, at 12:00, Christopher Barker wrote:
> Kevin Horton wrote:
>> I have stopped knocking my head against the wall with trying to
>> find  a way to start this wxpython script by a double click.
>
> Did you try (and fail) py2app? That really is THE way to build a
> clickable app from a python script.

py2app is not available at the link provided on its download page, so
I couldn't try it with MacPython.  I did try py2app from the Fink
distribution.  The app that I built using Fink's py2app fails to run,
as it cannot import wx.  I assumed that was because Fink does not
have a proper wxpython - their version uses X11 and wxgtk.  I didn't
investigate any further as this was starting to look like a big time
sink.

The widget approach is looking like a winner, as being a widget is a
good fit for how this app will be used by my wife.  And it works
already, whereas a pure python solution looks like it would be a
bigger job.

--
Kevin Horton
Ottawa, Canada