[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app on windows

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Fri Apr 4 20:13:58 CEST 2008

Ian Mallett wrote:
> -I looked around, and was told that py2app doesn't work on windows.
> -I have only a windows machine, so I need a way around.

In theory, one could make a version of py2app that you could run on
windows, an build apps for the Mac. However, no one has done so, and the
truth is that you'd really need to test on a Mac anyway, so there is
little point.

If you have users on a Mac, you'll be best off finding a couple of them
that don't mind being on the "bleeding edge" and testing stuff for you,
including running py2app.

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov