[Pythonmac-SIG] py2app: how to include the entire standard library of modules?

Nick Anderson an003141 at gmail.com
Sat Sep 29 20:54:03 CEST 2007

Hello:

I am attempting to build a mac application using py2app. I need to
include all of the standard modules even though the application does
not import them expressly. (The end user will be able to write
scripts, and if his script uses a standard module it needs to be
available.) The only way I have found to do this is by using the -i
argument:

python setup.py py2app -i "THE NAMES OF ALL MODULES SEPARATED BY A COMMA"

I guess I could write a shell script that contains the above command
but is there an easier way?