[Pythonmac-SIG] Which python version is supported by PyObjC?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Sep 14 11:49:27 CEST 2007

On Friday, September 14, 2007, at 10:47AM, "Seungchan Oh" <ohseungchan1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hello,
>As the title say, which Python version is supported by latest PyObjC?

Python 2.4 and 2.5 are fully tested. Python 2.3.5 (that is, the version that Apple ships) should also work but is less well tested.

The binary installer situation is not very good at the moment and I don't have time to build new ones right now (building is easy, but the installer needs to be tested to). W.r.t. installers: my plan for PyObjC 2.0 is to do away with binary installers, but rely on setuptools (that is 'easy_install pyobjc==2.0' to install PyObjC) for installation and have separate downloads for the other goodies (documentation, examples, ...).

Building from source shouldn't to hard: just download the sources (either from the website or a checkout from the repository) and use 'python setup.py install ' to install, or use 'python setup.py bdist_mpkg --open' to install all extra's as well.

Ronald