[Pythonmac-SIG] Python control/integration of a Cocoa/Quicktime application?

Darran Edmundson darran at edmstudio.com
Sat Oct 27 02:55:15 CEST 2007

Jack and Has, thanks very much for the valuable advice.  This weekend
one of the developers is going to have a first crack at implementing
option 1, namely a library that we can invoke from python.

I've recommended that Douglas join this mailing list and ask questions.
  My only concern is that most people coming to this list are probably
python users (like myself) who want to write Mac apps.  Douglas is
coming from the opposite tack - he's a hardcore Cocoa developer who
doesn't know python at all.  With this in mind, do you have any pointers
in designing a library that is easily called from python?

I wondered, for example, if he wrote the Objective C library and a
separate Objective C test application to exercise the code, if the test
app could then simply be ported to pyObjC?  This way Douglas wouldn't
need to worry about python at all ...

As always, any advice is much appreciated.

Cheers,
Darran.

--
Darran Edmundson [darran at edmstudio.com]