[Pythonmac-SIG] How does py2app decide what to use as a sys.path?

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Wed Oct 24 21:07:47 CEST 2007

Richard,

If I were you, I'd give this all a try with the "official" Framework
build you can find here:

http://pythonmac.org/packages/

I'd go with 2.5 unless you have a compelling reason to stick with 2.4 --
wither should work.

Also, I'd use that as your source for any other packages you may need.

We've tried very hard to try to create an aura of "officiality" around
those builds (they are the same as the ones you get on python.org too).
The whole deal with macports, fink, build-it yourself (differently) from
the tarball, etc. just creates a nightmare of support.

I don't know if py2app is tested against the macports build, but I do
know it's tested against these builds.

macport does a better job than fink of integrating with the system, but
you still kind of have a unix-within-OS-X, rather than an integrated system.

Does wxPython with macports use wxMac, or is it wxGTK???

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov