[Pythonmac-SIG] Packaging Imagemagick into wxPython standalones.

Jeremy Gibbs gibbz at ou.edu
Mon Oct 15 18:44:05 CEST 2007

I am creating a very simple front end to a vector graphics package
that one of my professors wrote.  His package writes the images out
in .eps format. So in my code I just call ImageMagick's 'convert'
function to jpeg. From jpeg I can use wxPython's ConvertToBitmap()
feature to display the image to the user. This works great from the
command line, but when I try to make a standalone with py2app, it
fails due to 'convert' not working.

When this didn't work, I tried using PIL and converting by Image.open
and Image.save. Again, this worked great from the command line, but
failed in the standalone version.  I suspect it is likely that I am
not including all relevant libraries needed for this to work.

Has anyone had any experience using ImageMagick or PIL in a
standalone application to convert image types?

Thanks for any help.

Jeremy Gibbs