[Pythonmac-SIG] easygui

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Thu Oct 4 20:51:31 CEST 2007

Dethe Elza wrote:

> I'm not familiar with EasyGUI, but it uses Tkinter, which I try to
> avoid on the Mac.  If you need an easy way to create GUIs and you're
> OK with it being Mac-specific, then I'd recommend using Interface
> Builder (comes with the free OS X developer tools) to create your GUI
> and PyObjC to write the application in Python.  If you need
> cross-platform GUIs, that won't work, but for the Mac it is the best
> choice.  I

@Dethe:
EasyGUI is very limited in what it does--it basically provides some
canned dialogs, nothing more. It's similar to EasyDialogs from the older
MacPython days. My guess is PyObjC would be overkill or too complicated
for his needs (otherwise he'd be writing his GUI in Tkinter).

@Rafael:
Running EasyGUI itself is as simple as double-clicking "easygui.py" in
Finder. It brings up a demo with illustrations of the various
dialogs/widgets that EasyGUI can implement. Without a bit more
information about what you are doing, I can't help diagnose the problem.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin