[Pythonmac-SIG] easygui

Rafael Bejarano bejarar at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 4 18:55:45 CEST 2007

Hello,

I just subscribed to this list, so please allow me to introduce
myself. Although I am a long-time Mac user, I just recently started
learning python. My primary interest in python is as a way to create
simple programs with which to run psychological experiments (I am an
experimental psychologist). This means that I need to be able to
create simple GUIs to collect behavioral measures from research
participants, such as response times (how long it takes them to
respond to a stimulus after appears on the screen).

Given this, I was delighted to discover easygui, a module for
creating simple GUIs. When I tried to run it following the
instructions that I downloaded from the python website, however, I
couldn't get it to work on my iBook g4. I did not get an error
message, but no buttons or dialog boxes appeared, either. Can anyone
on this list tell me if easygui works on the Mac, and if so, what
steps I need to take to make it work?

Your assistance with this problem would be grately appreciated.

Cordially,
Rafael Bejarano