[Pythonmac-SIG] entire applications in python?

Brett Calcott brett.calcott at gmail.com
Wed Oct 3 16:24:20 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've recently moved to the mac from windows (some experience on
unix/linux too). I programmed a lot in C++ and a fair amount python. I
much prefer coding in python these days. I've written a lot of user
interface code (MFC/wxWindows/wxPython), and I'd like to get up to
speed to writing some presentable applications on the mac using the
native tools. I was wondering how best to make a start.

A few questions (but any hints would be good)

Do any of the experienced mac developers out there recommend doing
everything in python? Or should I dabble with objective-c applications
first?

I've seen the pyobjc examples, but are the people out there writing
complete applications just using python? Are there any open source
examples?

Is there "the book" for learning the basics of the mac system?
Likewise, is there a book on objective-c for experienced programmers?

Thanks in advance,
Brett

--
Brett Calcott
Philosophy Program, Research School of Social Sciences, AND