[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with numpy on Leopard

Nehemiah Dacres vivacarlie at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 19:32:14 CET 2007

I am not sure how Virtualenv works or why it's not working but you make the
statement

>> Frameworks are IMHO a great idea.

lets not be idiosyncratic here. Frameworks (if you mean *.framework
packages) are only used by apple because they are cumbersome to use unless
you are developing multiple applications that will share libraries and code
which will reduce memory usage if the programs are used at the same time.
(ei MS word)  (cite
http://wilshipley.com/blog/2005/11/frameworks-are-teh-suck-err.html). he
also explains their downfalls and how to get around them as well. Please
don't skip any sections until you are fully convinced otherwise (convinced
that frameworks aren't a great idea

On Nov 5, 2007 12:18 PM, Dethe Elza <delza at livingcode.org> wrote:

> On Nov 5, 2007 10:10 AM, Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
> > That's partially because there's a large set of developers that only
> > test on Linux and then assume code will work everywhere :-/
>
> I'm guilty of that in reverse.  I only test on OS X and let Linux
> users fend for themselves until they get a sane packaging system like
> frameworks and bundles. ;-)
>
> --Dethe

"lalalalala! it's not broken because I can use it"

http://linux.slashdot.org/comments.pl?sid=194281&threshold=1&commentsort=0&mode=thread&cid=15927703