[Pythonmac-SIG] Python TkAqua, Tkinter bug

Kevin Walzer kw at codebykevin.com
Sat Nov 3 00:49:06 CET 2007

Dave Reed wrote:

> I'm not certain exactly what you're saying. Are you saying to install
> Active State's Python? It looks like that doesn't include a new Tk Aqua.
> Or are you saying to install Active State's Tcl? I'm not certain how
> installing the latter by itself will change which Tk my Python uses.

Installing ActiveTcl will put a framework build of TkAqua in
/Library/Frameworks. Assuming you are using the Python from python.org,
the ActiveState build will be picked up by Python before the one bundled
by Apple, which is in /System/Library/Frameworks.

It's highly unlikely that bugs in 8.4.7 will be fixed at this point, if
they haven't been fixed already.

--
Kevin Walzer
Code by Kevin