[Pythonmac-SIG] findertools.launch reports "no eligible process"

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sun Jun 17 11:36:08 CEST 2007

On 14 Jun, 2007, at 22:42, Ronald Oussoren wrote:

> On Jun 14, 2007, at 1:21 PM, Nicholas Riley wrote:
>
>> On Thu, Jun 14, 2007 at 01:16:08PM -0700, Christopher Barker wrote:
>>> However, if was nice to have some stuff without any external
>>> dependencies -- is there a lightweight way to do just Easy Dialogs,
>>> without all of PyObjC?
>>
>> It shouldn't be hard to simply wrap a Cocoa EasyDialogs
>> implementation
>> in C to construct a traditional Python module, but it make ssense to
>> wait and see how much of Carbon is no longer going to be supported in
>> 64-bit on Leopard (probably the WWDC attendees find out today but
>> it's
>> NDA'd).  Cocoa doesn't have a generic API that matches that of
>> EasyDialogs as much as Carbon does.
>
> The WWDC attendees (me included) already know but as you say that info
> is under NDA ;-).

But luckily the situation is explained on a mailinglist:

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Carbon-dev/2007/Jun/msg00260.html

The summary: no 64-bit Carbon GUI libraries. I haven't even tried to
compile Python's Carbon wrapper in 64-bit mode, I'd be surprised if
they compiled cleanly because Apple has done some serious spring-
cleaning in 64-bit mode.

Ronald