[Pythonmac-SIG] findertools.launch reports "no eligible process"

Christopher Barker Chris.Barker at noaa.gov
Thu Jun 14 22:16:08 CEST 2007

Ronald Oussoren wrote:
> That's unlikely, I have no plans for trying to get pyobjc in the
> stdlib.

Fair enough -- I don't really like platform dependent stuff in the
standard lib anyway.

> It might be useful to make MacPython a kitchensink distribution of
> Python for Mac OSX instead of just the standard library,

> a MacPython
> that's separate from the standard python.org distribution should
> strive for being the best possible Python environment for the Mac
> (including a proper IDE, software management tools, ...).

Well, sure, but wouldn't an uber-package be useful anyway? As you said,
I don't see anyone clambering to build the full enchilada.

> I have no idea what Apple plans to do, but if you're using Apple's
> build of Python you should consider PyObjC as well (wink, wink).

Ah, I didn't know if had been included -- good idea, I think. Build
Easy-Dialogs with PyObjC, and people will have it out of the box, or can
install PyObj to get it.

However, if was nice to have some stuff without any external
dependencies -- is there a lightweight way to do just Easy Dialogs,
without all of PyObjC?

-Chris

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

Emergency Response Division
7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker at noaa.gov