[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App intel/PPC: "

Ian York iayork at iayork.com
Mon Jun 4 21:14:57 CEST 2007

I've been packaging a set of scripts using py2app, and until now the app
that results has run without issues on MacOS10.4, either intel or ppc.  The
latest version, however, only runs on intel (on which I made the py2app
package).  The problem seems to be with eGenix mx base package (which is
needed for BioPython).  The package run on PPC gets the error "No module
named TextTools", although TextTools is included and works fine on intel.
If I include TextTools specifically with --include TextTools (or if I
--include mx), instead I get an error "ImportError: Inappropriate file type
for dynamic loading".  Again, these errors only appear on the ppc platform,
not on intel.

What am I doing wrong, and how do I fix it?

Ian

--
       Ian York   (iayork at panix.com)  <http://www.iayork.com/>