[Pythonmac-SIG] which fortran for pythonmac.org binaries?

Rob J Goedman goedman at mac.com
Sat Jun 2 00:10:55 CEST 2007

I don't think that is implied on Simon's R website. The context of
the statement is building universal
packages for the R statistical software system.

Within that context the compiler inter-works with the latest set of
Xcode tools to build a package (if the
package includes Fortran in addition to C/C++). These packages are
then installed in R's library and after
it is the install step of both packages
and R/R.app that makes sure the matching architecture is chosen.

Most packages are available in binary, universal form (and include
both binaries), but installing a package
from source will pass the correct architecture flag.

Hope this helps a bit,
Rob