[Pythonmac-SIG] Trouble installing Python Imaging Library on Mac OS X

Daniel Lord daniellord at mac.com
Tue Jul 24 06:35:02 CEST 2007

It's been some time since I worked through this for 2.4, but IIRC,
one has to modify the PIL make to ensure it finds libjpeg after you
have installed it.

How I did that I cannot recall just now off the cuff, so when I have
time at some point I can try to dig it up.
But in the mean time, if you are industrious and read the build notes
for PIL,
those pesky details might still be in there somewhere and clue you in
to set it up properly so libjpeg is found by PIL on the build.
If even I was able to solve it, I have no doubt that, with
application, you will also and in a shorter time than I.

Daniel