[Pythonmac-SIG] Compiling Scipy/available binaries for Universal Python 2.4?

Russell E Owen rowen at cesmail.net
Fri Jan 12 21:21:57 CET 2007

In article <45A6B85F.2020505 at noaa.gov>,
 Christopher Barker <Chris.Barker at noaa.gov> wrote:

> By the way, my idea of a working system is:
>
> python 2.5 (I'm still on 2.4, but if someone is putting effort in, they
> might as well do the latest)
>
> latest numpy
> latest matplotlib
> latest wxPython

FYI: I plan to build and contribute a new matplotlib using wxPython 2.8
once wxPython 2.8 is available on pythonmac.org. I've been waiting
because I felt it would be confusing if for the pythonmac matplotlib to
require a wxPython newer than could be found there.

Meanwhile I have packages for numpy 1.0.1 (standard build, nothing fancy
done to bring in faster libraries)  and somewhat updated packages of
matplotlib that should be available on pythonmac soon, and until then
you can get them here:
<http://www.astro.washington.edu/rowen/pythonpackages/>

Regards,

-- Russell