[Pythonmac-SIG] Py2App and third-party .egg dependencies installed through easy_install

Owen Jacobson angrybaldguy at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 04:56:14 CEST 2007

Hi,

I'm using an easy_install'ed copy of ZSI 2.0rc3, residing in
~/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/ as ZSI-2.0_rc3-py2.5.egg.  I have
a py2app-enabled setup.py that reads as follows:

#!/usr/bin/env python
from setuptools import setup

Plist = dict(CFBundleDocumentTypes= [],
             CFBundleIdentifier='net.lionsanctuary.foo.Client')

APP = ['startui.py']
DATA_FILES = []
OPTIONS = {'plist': Plist,
           }

setup(
    name='Name Goes Here',
    version='0.0.1',
    app=APP,
# Added requires to see if it helped
        requires=['ZSI'],
    data_files=DATA_FILES,
    options={'py2app': OPTIONS},
    setup_requires=['py2app'],
)
--eof--

The script "startui.py" does indirectly reference ZSI classes:
startui.pu: from foo import login
foo/login/__init__.py: from soap.LoginService_services import
LoginServiceLocator
soap/LoginService_services.py: import ZSI (and others)

All paths relative to the directory containing setup.py, obviously.

The resulting .app bundle does not contain ZSI and as such will not
run, even on my own system.  How can I convince py2app to either
include the .egg file or the relevant pieces of it?

Owen