[Pythonmac-SIG] How to generate C files in Mac/Modules?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Thu Aug 23 08:45:22 CEST 2007

On 22 Aug, 2007, at 21:42, skip at pobox.com wrote:

> How are all the extension modules in Mac/Modules generated?  I'm
> trying to
> remove PyArg_Parse() from the Python 3 C API.  They use PyArg_Parse
> extensively.  If they were autogenerated I'd rather fix the generator
> instead of editing each file by hand.

They are generated using bgen, which is in Tools/bgen/bgen. The last
time I looked at this (which is a couple of years ago) you basicly had
to be Jack to run this :-(. You also have to have the MacOS9 SDK
headers, bgen doesn't look at the system headers at the moment.

I've talked with Jack about both issues a while back and they should
be fixed, but neither of us have much time to actually do that.

Ronald