[Pythonmac-SIG] Numeric problem with Intel Mac OSX 10.4.8

David Worrall vip at avatar.com.au
Tue Apr 24 02:13:32 CEST 2007

Thanks Christopher  that's wot I meant but I was rushin' out the
door....

Also, you'll find some of the matplotlib examples, amongst many others,
still try to import numeric or even numarray.
I've yet to have a problem by replacing them with numpy.
Of course I haven't done intensive testing....

Also, I noticed that the manual at
http://numpy.scipy.org/numpy.pdf
still contains references to numarray. There's hope for us all!

As to
> 1) Encourage the providers of said package to port to numpy -- it's
> not
> very hard, and the numpy developers will help.
>
> 2) let us know all your version and platform info, and where you got
> your Numeric build, and we may be able to help.

the download address you give (http://pythonmac.org/packages)
has paqckages for Numeric and numarray as well as numpy
for both python 2.4 and 2.5 so a novice could be forgiven for feeling
misled. This is the reason I pointed to the scipy site.
Life moves too quickly sometimes.....

David