[Pythonmac-SIG] Python interpreter in the Terminal

Eric Leven ericleven at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 03:25:53 CEST 2007

Noob question? No doubt. But I've asked around, and no one seems to
know. If anyone can help, I'd appreciate it.

Using the Python (2.3?) interpreter in OS 10.4 in the Terminal, I lose
access to any shell keyboard shortcuts, for example, the arrow keys,
ctrl-a, ctrl-e, etc. Instead I get odd control characters, and I end
up doing a lot of painful cutting and pasting. I don't have this
problem in Linux. Both machines are calling python from a tcsh shell.

Is there a simple solution? Am I the only one running python from the terminal?

Thanks a lot,

-eric