[Pythonmac-SIG] Building plugins with py2app

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Fri Oct 13 07:44:45 CEST 2006

On Oct 13, 2006, at 1:15 AM, Dethe Elza wrote:

> So still no idea why it's working for you, but not for me.
> Anything else you can think of?  I followed the instructions in the
> py2app docs for removing old versions of py2app.  If everything is
> encapsulated in the .egg, perhaps I can revert to the earlier
> version that worked?

Reverting to an older version should work as well, with the caveat
that the latest pre-setuptools version of py2app has some problems
w.r.t. universal binaries (which is why Bob switched to the current
version).

I'm going to do a fresh install of Python, PyObjC and py2app to see
if that helps to find the problem, but don't have time to do so today.

One thing that you could try:  insert 'import sys; print sys.path' at
the top of __boot__.py (in the Resources directory of the saver) to
see the value of sys.path. That value seems to be wrong.

Ronald