[Pythonmac-SIG] module compiled against version 1000002 of C-API but this version of numpy is 1000009

Teemu Rinne Teemu.Rinne at helsinki.fi
Thu Nov 23 23:24:50 CET 2006

Ronald Oussoren <ronaldoussoren at mac.com> wrote:
> Your using an extension for one version of Python with another  version
> (such as numpy for Python 2.3 and Python 2.4).

Thanks for your reply.

If this is the case, how do I sort it out? I am helpless.

This is a new mac with no other python installations than the preinstalled
and pythonmac 2.4.4, I downloaded the packages from
pythonmac.org/packages/py24-fat,
/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions has no 2.3, the preinstalled
/usr/bin/python 2.3.5 does not have matplotlib/numpy/scipy, output of
python -v seems ok.

import matplotlib
matplotlib.use("TkAgg")
from pylab import *
#everything seems ok so far
#the next line fails:
from scipy import signal

Error message:
RuntimeError: module compiled against version 1000002 of C-API but this
version of numpy is 1000009
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
  File
"/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.4/lib/python2.4/site-packages/scipy/signal/__init__.py",
line 7, in ?
    import sigtools
ImportError: numpy.core.multiarray failed to import

--
Teemu