[Pythonmac-SIG] building pyobjc/pypoppengl/pygame on intel

Martin Forget mforget at mtotelecom.com
Fri Mar 17 21:22:32 CET 2006

hello everyone,

i have been trying to build different python modules for macosx-intel
(min-core-solo) with no luck.

my closest try was with ronald's universal binary of python 2.4.2 from:
http://homepage.mac.com/ronaldoussoren/

i then tried to build an SVN version of PyObjC
running:
"... /python2.4 build.py build"  works fine, the build finishes with
no critical errors,

"python build.py test"   fails with "Illegal Error"

i tried a "build.py install" anyway which succeeds,

but when i run the following code:
import AppKit
from AppKit import *
app = NSApplication.sharedApplication()

i have an illegal error.

also, the pygame.init() also gives an illegal error... but i figure
they are related.

(i was able to compile cvs/svn versions of pygame and pyopengl with
"minor" guesswork to the code...)

my target is a pygame/pyobjc/pyopengl kitchen sink setup for a game
like application in python.

note: my application works  fine on my powerbook-g4
and even in a ppc build of python and the packages from pythonmac.org/
packages/ using rosetta on the intel-mini.  (just very very slowly)

thanks in advance, you help is appreciated.

-mforget